I knew I would eventually get the alert about my youngest being exposed to a positive covid case at some point in time at school, but I didn’t think it would be by the end of the first week of school!
Sure enough, text message received before noon today. She’s been a firsthand exposure on the bus Friday. But, since nobody in this world seems to know what the $<“( to do about it anymore, quarantine isn’t mandatory.
Our stupid governor is inept to say the least. Still refuses to declare a state of emergency which would allow our school systems to mandate masks. Well, to mandate anything really.
So here we are. We as parents can decide if we are going to quarantine her. If we choose to, she will not be counted absent. If we choose to send her, that’s OK too.
I talked to the school nurse earlier to make sure I understood all of that correctly, which she said I did. I told her I didn’t know what to do and she said to just do what I think is best.
So I’ve decided to go ahead and send her to school. Unless, of course, she would show symptoms. We have really kinda been going about life as normal, with minimal mask wearing.
Hell, we moved my oldest daughter into college a week ago and we didn’t wear masks. Only very recently has my youngest daughter started wearing a mask again. But really, I’m not sure what good it really does. But if she wants to, we allow it.
Anyone of us could be exposed at any time and not know about it. I guess I’m willing to take my chances with this one exposure we know about for sure. Like I’ve said in posts before, we all lived under the same roof with my oldest while she was positive, and didn’t catch it.
I hope I’m making the right decision, and I guess time will tell.